Monday 4 March 2013

Right! I have taken the plunge to set up a blog to chart my travels and reflections as part of my Winston Churchill Travel Fellowship 2013.

I am really please that @wcmt.org.uk are supporting me to travel to the USA and Caribbean looking at how community initiatives combine with health care services to support Black men living with Prostate cancer.

At this moment, when, as informed by my new Fellows instruction manual that planning and reflection are the key elements of a successful fellowship, I feel a lie down is required - to recover from the heady heights of setting up this blog!

mind you, it is after 10pm and i have been here since ........trying to do this!

2 comments:

  1. Good Luck Professor Laura. Setting up a blog is a great way of informing the world about what you are doing and you will be amazed at where in the world you gain readers! My WCMT fellowship was in 2010 and like you I had never blogged before; it is an interesting experience to say the least. Apart from gaining followers, it is a good tool to get you to reflect on the day/hours past and it helps to order your thoughts into the way you write. At least it was for me. Anyway, I look forward to reading all about your adventures as they occur. Who knows, there may well be a book in it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paul
    Thanks for the support! I am starting to get a hang of this and making some inroads into finalising my trip! excited!!

    ReplyDelete